mandag 29. mai 2017

Solar Cell infographic (Norwegian)

In both science and media class our project was to create an infographic poster about one of three things, of which i chose to make a poster about solar cells. The reason that I chose solar cells is because I had heard a lot about solar cells when it comes to green energy. Originally I was thinking about making a poster about green energy and solar cells, but the task specifically states that we should explain how a solar cell works. Explaining both is pretty difficult on a piece of A3 paper, also it was kind off difficult to make a green poster whilst using CMYK.

I used Illustrator, and here is my end product:

I started out with the colours blue and yellow, because I knew that I had to draw a sun (or at least solar rays) and a solar panel. The yellow also contrasts nicely with the blue. You can think of the blue background as the sky, and the yellow rectangles with information on them as solar rays. If you think that the text is tiny, just keep in mind that this was intended for A3 paper, where everything is larger. The fonts I used were Franklin Gothic Demi and Bradley Hand ITC. These fonts contrast each other because they look so different, even though they're both grotesk fonts.

The illustrations are simple. On first big yellow rectangle there is a simple explanation of how a solar cell is built up. The second illustration builds upon the first one, but this time telling you how it works.

I'd say my greatest challenge during this project was filling out the bottom. After the first two rectangles it almost felt complete, but there was a lot of space at the bottom. Luckily I found this relevant fact about how the electrical energy created by the solar cell is DC (Direct Current), and has to be turned into AC (Alternating Current) before it can be used at home.

I'm pretty proud of this poster, and I think that if someone showed me this poster I could easily understand it. It looks more colourful and interesting than the graphics in the science book. I actually wouldn't mind if more teachers used infographics during their classes.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar